When selling your house, there are some things you should do to prepare it to sell. By doing these things, your house has the potential to sell quicker or possibly get more offers.
Here are some ways to improve the curb appeal to your house.
- Landscape your yard - A fresh cut can go a long way for potential buyers when looking at your home.
- Wash all the windows (inside and outside) - Buyers will look through your windows from the inside to see the view from your house.
- Remove any lawn ornaments – This can take away from the appeal to your house. Pack them away to take to your new house.
- Update your entry- A fresh coat of paint on your front door can add a little extra to your house.
- Make sure all exterior lights are working- Replace any burnt out bulbs.
- Paint or replace the street numbers – This will make your house easy to find and welcome potential buyers.
- Clean out your garage – Consider getting a storage unit for the time being to store any extra items you may have.
- Add some color – Add a pop of color by planting some flowers.
- Replace worn out welcome mat – This is one of the first things buyers see when coming to see your house.
- Power wash any outdoor surfaces – This will give those surfaces a ‘like new’ feel.
Here are 10 tips to make your house feel like home to buyers.
- Clean everything! – A clean home will allow buyers to picture themselves living in your home.
- Unclutter your house – Thinning out your closets and pantries will show how much space and storage there is.
- Make sure all doors open and close smoothly – Fix any squeaks and creeks in your bedroom and closet doors.
- Replace light bulbs with new ones – Also make sure all of the switches work.
- Empty trash cans and hide any dirty laundry
- Organize the kitchen – Store away any small non-essential appliances and wipe the counters.
- Fix anything that is broken – Buyers will notice and may offer less when putting an offer on your house.
- Give every room a purpose – Play room, bonus room, etc. Giving it an identity will help buyers.
- Fresh paint & new carpet – Top 2 things you can do to make your house sell faster and even for more money!
- Let the light in – Bright rooms make the space more inviting.
The real estate market is getting more and more competitive as the spring season is right around the corner. By doing these quick fixes, your house has the possibility to sell quickly!
Call us at The Brunner Burkhart Group for your real estate needs. Our highly qualified team is more than willing to work with you today!